Our Story

Our Story

The story of King’s goes back to 1951, when small, informal gatherings lit a spark in the hearts of local people. These meetings and the passion of the people resulted in the first Aberdeen Assemblies of God (AOG) church.

Over the years the congregation grew steadily and moved into a new building on Aberdeen’s King Street in 1969. However, the church came to a point where numbers dwindled dramatically, with only four people attending at one point.

In 1993, a change in leadership turned out to be the catalyst for King’s to enjoy a fruitful season with an additional 150 people joining and a firm foundation started to form.
The current leadership team led by Pastor Iain Duthie and his wife Elizabeth took over King’s Community Church in 2004 and have grown a multi-cultural church with a passion to transform this city by putting Jesus in the centre of everything the church does.

The most recent fundamental move for King’s was the move from  the Kings Street location to the old Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre in the Bridge of Don area. With this move came a name change from King’s Community Church to King’s Church Aberdeen and what emerged was a new excitement and passion to reach this city for Jesus in new and bigger ways.

Be a part of God's story for King's...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship at 10:30 am